(Letölthető rövid segédanyag: Páli-Magyar Szójegyzék)
sāyika, 16 találat.
adjective lying, sleeping, resting in (-˚) Dhp.141; MN.i.328 (vatthu˚); Thag.501 = Mil.367.
sleeping on one side only
(one) who likes on a bolster or bed of thorns
(one) who lies by the side of, who keeps near to.
the act of sleeping on the bare ground.
adjective attached to one, i.e. inherent, chronic (of disease) MN.ii.70 (ābādha, variant reading BB anussāyika) Dhp-a.i.431 (roga).
adjective reclining on, in kaṇṭaka˚; one who lies on a bed of thorns (see kaṇṭaka) MN.i.78; Ja.iv.299 (v. l, kaṇḍikesayika); Pp.55.
fr. apassaya; cp. Sk. apāśrayin-˚
adjective noun masculine one. Eka follows the pron. declension i.e. nom. pl. is eke (e.g. Snp.43, Snp.294, Snp.780 etc.)
- “one” as number, either with or without contrast to two or more; often al …
- a thorn Snp.845; Vin.i.188; Ja.v.102 Ja.vi.105 (in description of the Vetaraṇī); cp. kusa˚
- any instrument with a sharp point Sdhp.201.
- a bone, fish-bone Ja.i.222; in piṭṭhi˚; a bone of the …
… ■ Note. Does mata-sāyika at Thag.501 (= Mil.367) belong under this mata? Then mata would have to be taken as nt. meaning “thought…
adjective being near at hand or at one’s bidding (?) MN.i.328.
fr. upasaya, upa + śī
■ Note. ˚passaya in kaṇṭakapassaya Ja.iii.74, & kaṇṭakāpassayika DN.i.167 (kaṇṭh˚); Ja.iv.299 (kaṇṭaka˚) is to be read as ˚apassaya (apa + śri).
fr. pa + śri, cp. Class. …
adjective belonging to the realm of the departed Mnd.97 (gati; variant reading petti˚).
- -sāyika (?) customs’ officer Mil.365 (read perhaps ˚sādhaka or ˚sālika?).
cp. Vedic śulka,…
bare, esp. hard, stony ground Pv.iv.7#5 (= kharakaṭhāna bhūmippadesa Pv-a.265).
- -sāyikā (f.) the act of lying on the bare ground (as a penance) [BSk. sthaṇḍila-śāyikā] SN.iv.118; Dhp.141
(= D …