(Letölthető rövid segédanyag: Páli-Magyar Szójegyzék)
samantā, 31 találat.
adjective neighbouring, bordering DN.i.101; Vin.i.46 (āpatti˚ bordering on a transgression) Ja.ii.21; Ja.iv.124; connected with MN.i.95; -jappā (or -jappana) roundabout talk Vb.353; Vism.28; Mnd …
When his ordination was but one year old, he ordained another bhikkhu, to increase the number of holy ones, and went with him to wait upon the Buddha. The Buddha roundly rebuked …
close to anger, associated with anger
Cakkhu: ‘eye’ see: āyatana The foll. 5 kinds of ‘eyes’ are mentioned and explained in CNid. PTS, p. 235; the first 3 also in It. 52: 1. the physical eye mamsa cakkhu. the divine eye *dibba- …
- the foetus in the 1st & 2nd months after conception the 2nd of the five prenatal stages of development, viz kalala, abbuda, pesi, ghana, pasākha Mnd.120; Mil.40 V …
- fire, flames, sparks; conflagration Vin.ii.120 (fire in bathroom); MN.i.487 (anāhāro nibbuto f. gone out for lack of fuel); SN.iv.185, SN.iv.399 (sa-upādāno jalati provided with fuel blazes …
the eye (nom. sg. cakkhuṃ) Vin.i.34; SN.i.115; MN.iii.134 etc.)
I. The eye as organ of sense
- psychologically cakkhunā rūpaṃ disvā “seeing visible object (shape with the eye” (Nd ii.on …
adjective having eyes, being gifted with sight; of clear sight, intuition or wisdom possessing knowledge (cp. samantacakkhu) DN.i.76 (one who knows, i.e. a connoisseur); cakkhumanto rūpāni dakkhinti “ …
…DN.ii.20 (yena sudaṃ samantā yojanaṃ passati divā c’ eva rattiñ ca); DN.iii.219; SN.i.196; SN.ii.55 sq.; MN.ii.21; Iti.52; Thig.70;…
collection of houses, a hamlet (cp. Ger. gemeinde), a habitable place (opp. arañña: gāme vā yadi vâraññe Snp.119), a parish or village having boundaries & distinct from the surrounding country (gāmo c …
In modara at Ja.v.54 (of elephant’s teeth) Kern,
s. v. sees a miswriting for medura (full of, beset with), which however does not occur in Pali. The C expln is “samantato …
small town market town (opp. janapada); often combined with gāma (see gāma 2) Vin.i.110 (˚sīma), Vin.i.188 (˚kathā), Vin.i.197 (Setakaṇṇika˚); DN.i.7 (˚kathā), DN.i.101 (˚sāmanta), D …
- sitting cross-legged, in instr.; pallaṅkena upon the hams SN.i.124, SN.i.144; and in phrase pallaṅkaṃ ābhujati “to bend (the legs) in crosswise” DN.i.71; MN.i.56; AN.iii.320; Ja.i.17, Ja.i.71; …
indeclinable prefix, signifying (lit. around, round about; (fig.) all round, i.e. completely altogether. The use as prep. (with acc. = against, w abl. = from) has entirely disappeared in Pāli …
…as “cammādīni chindanto samantā kantati”).
pari + kantati1
to cut (round), cut through, pierce…
scattered or strewn about, surrounded Ja.iv.400; Ja.vi.89, Ja.vi.559; Pv.i.6#1 (makkhikā˚ samantato ākiṇṇa Pv-a.32); Mil.168, Mil.285; DN-a.i.45 (spelt parikkhiṇṇa). Cp. sampari˚.
pp. of parikirati
to pervade DN.i.74 (= samantato phusati DN-a.i.217); MN.iii.92 sq. See also paripūreti pp. paripphuta & ˚pphuṭṭha; (q.v.).
pari + sphur
adverb from all sides Vv-a.236.
pari + samantato
to make flow round, to make overflow, to fill, in phrase kāyaṃ abhisandeti p DN.i.75, DN.i.214; MN.iii.92 sq. etc. explained as “samantato sandeti” at DN-a.i.217
pp *[parisanna](/define/parisanna …
surrounded by (-˚ or instr.) SN.i.177; Ja.i.152 (miga-gaṇa˚), Ja.i.203 (devagaṇena); Ja.ii.127 (dāsi-gaṇa˚); Ja.iii.371 (mahā-jana˚); Ja.vi.75; Vv.16#5 (= samantato p. Vv-a.81); Pv-a.3 (dhutta- …
- end, finish, conclusion Ja.i.106 (sacca˚ = desanā˚); Pv-a.9 (desanā and passim), Pv-a.136 (āyūha˚), Pv-a.162 (id.), Pv-a.281 (= anta) Often contracted with ādi beginning & majj …
adjective noun masculine
■ gen. dat. pañcannaṃ,
■ instr. abl pañcahi,
■ loc. pañcasu;
■ often used in compositional form pañca˚ (cp. Ved. pañcāra with 5 spokes RV i.16413; G …
- (lit.) to touch Vism.463 (phusatī ti phasso) DN-a.i.61 (aor. phusī = metri causa for phusi); Mil.157 (grd. aphusa not to be touched).
- (fig.) pharati*, as …
- pleasing, pleasant, lovely, amiable Vin.iv.18; DN.iii.141; SN.i.95; SN.ii.279; AN.ii.104 sq. AN.ii.203; AN.iii.255 sq.; Dhp-a.i.119; Thag-a.266, Thag-a.281; DN-a.i.141 DN-a.i.281; V …
- lonely, forsaken Thig.373 (gantum icchasi rahitaṃ bhiṃsanakaṃ mahāvanaṃ).
- deprived of, without (-˚) Ja.iii.369 (buddhiyā rahitā sattā); DN-a.i.36 (avaṇṇa˚); Pv-a.63 (bhoga˚), Pv-a.67 (ācāra˚ …
…to cause thick smoke or steam thickly, at Vin.i.225; Snp.p.15 (= samantā dhūpāyati Snp-a.154).
saṃ + dhūpeti
…santasita, santusita) or samantā (= altogether; Snp-a.152, Snp-a.154), or (dogmatically) sakena santena samena…
- tied on to Mil.253, Mil.254.
- closely connected with, close to Vin.iii.308 (Samanta Pāsādikā).
- attached to DN-a.i.128.
pp. of ˚nibandhāti
- (adj.) double, twin; only in foll. combinations: -pāṭihāriya (& ˚hīra); the miracle of the double appearances, a miracle performed by the Buddha in Sāvatthī to refute the heretical teachers (cp. …
to call, address, speak to, invite, consult Ja.vi.265; DN-a.i.297; Snp-a.487 (ālapati & avhayati); Pv-a.75, Pv-a.80, Pv-a.127
aor āmantesi DN.ii.16; Snp.p.78 (= ālapi Snp\ …