(Letölthető rövid segédanyag: Páli-Magyar Szójegyzék)
��yatika, 33 találat.
adverb rel. adv. of place “where,” at which spot occasionally “at which time,” when; with verbs of motion = “whereto.”-DN.i.240 (whither); Snp.79, Snp.170 (here closely resembling yatra in meaning …
adverb in which, where, since; only in phrase yatra hi nāma (in emphatic exclamations) with Fut. “as indeed, inasmuch as, that” SN.ii.255 (ñāṇabhūtā vata sāvakā y. h. n. savako ñassati etc.); Ja.i.5 …
adverb as, like, in relation to, after (the manner of)
■ As prep. (with acc.): according (to some condition, norm or rule): yathā kāmaṃ (already Vedic) according to his desire …
- of place:
- place where there, in that place Snp.1071, Snp.1085; Dhp.58; Ja.i.278; Pv.i.10#15; often with eva: tatth’ eva right there, on the (very same) spot SN.i.116; Ja.ii.154; …
held, checked, controlled, restrained, careful SN.ii.15, SN.ii.50; Snp.78, Snp.220, Snp.1079 (= yatta, paṭiyatta gutta etc. Cnd.525); Ja.vi.294 (C. appamatta; Kern
s. v. proposes read …
adjective striking, surprising, extraordinary, special; nt. wonder, miracle. Usually in stock phrase iddhi˚, ādesanā˚, anusāsanī˚ as the 3 marvels which characterise a Buddha with regard to his teachi …
- (adj.) double, twin; only in foll. combinations: -pāṭihāriya (& ˚hīra); the miracle of the double appearances, a miracle performed by the Buddha in Sāvatthī to refute the heretical teachers (cp. …
strenuous, making an effort, watchful Cnd.525 (+ paṭiyatta, in exegesis of yata); Ja.iv.222 (+ paṭiyatta); Ja.vi.294 (Kern’s reading for yata; vv. ll saṃyata & sata, thus warranting yata); Mil.373 ( …
- a crook for plucking fruit Ja.iii.22.
- an elephant-driver’s hook Ja.iii.431.
- -yattha a crooked stick, alpenstock, staff (of an ascetic Ja.ii.68 (+ pacchi).
see anka<sup …
masculine & rarely neuter constitution etc.
A. Definitions by Commentators
Bdhgh gives a fourfold meaning of the word dhamma (at DN-a.i.99; Dhp-a.i.22), viz. 1 guṇe ( …
word, saying, speech; also as adj. (-˚) vaca speaking, of such a speech (e.g. duṭṭha˚ Pv.i.3#2, so to be read for dukkha˚)
■ DN.iii.69 sq., DN.iii.96 sq., DN.iii.171 sq. SN.iv.132 …
- falling or flying down, chancing upon Dhp.35, Dhp.36 (yatthakāma˚ cittaṃ = yattha yattha icchati tattha tatth’ eva nipatati Dhp-a.i.295).
- going to bed DN.i.60 (pacchā˚ going to bed l …
restraint Pv-a.98 (+ niyama).
the ruler of the kingdom of the dead. See details in Dicty. of Names. In compounds often in general sense of “death” or …
made a habit of, indulged in, acquired, mastered (cp. expln Pts.i.172 “yattha yattha ākankhati tattha tattha vasippatto hoti balappatto etc.”). The expression is to be compared with *yatānu …
(See inflection also at Geiger, P.Gr. § 110.) The decl. is similar to that of ta˚ among the more rarely found forms we only mention the foll.
■ sg. nom. m. *[yo](/define/y …
- giving, dealing out, gift; almsgiving liberality, munificence; especially a charitable gift to a bhikkhu or to the community of bhikkhus, the Sangha (cp. deyyadhamma & yañña). As such it constitute …
adverb wherefrom, by which, out of which
- (local) from where DN.i.240 (uggacchanti candima-suriyā; opp. yattha where).
- (temporal) whence since, when, from which time Vv-a.344 (yato paṭṭhāya). …
adverb where, wherever Mhvs.15, Mhvs.209 (corresp. to yattha in v. 210).
Literal. nom. nāmaṃ SN.i.39; Snp.808; Ja.ii.131; Mil.27; acc. nāmaṃ Pv-a.145 (likhi: he wrote her name)
■ nāmaṃ karoti to give a name Snp.344 Cnd.466 (n’ etaṃ nāmaṃ mātarā kataṃ on “ …
place for putting something down or into a receptacle Vin.i.204 (salāk˚, vy. ll. and gloss on p. 38 as follows: sālākāṭṭhāniya A, salākātaniya C, salākadhāraya B, salāk’odhāniyan ti yattha salākaṃ oda …
a lonely place, in cpd. vana˚; DN.i.71; Pp.59 etc., a wilderness in the forest, explained by Bdhgh as “gāmantaṃ atikkamitvā manussānaṃ anupacāra-ṭṭhānaṃ yattha na kasanti na vap …
The three formations (described below in the etymology) are represented in Pāli as follows.
- gacch˚, in
imper gaccha & gacchāhi;
pot gacche (Dhp.46, Dhp.224) & gacchey …
- difference Snp.611.
- constituent of being (i.e. the khandhas), usually as eka˚, catu˚ & pañca˚-bhava;, e.g. Kv.261; Vb.137 Tikp.32, Kp.36 sq.; Vism.572; Kp-a.245; Snp-a.19, Snp-a.158 In thi …
adjective (-˚) speaking (of), saying, asserting, talking; professing, holding a view or doctrine; arguing. Abs. only at AN.ii.138 (cattāro vādī four kinds of disputants); Snp.382 (ye vā pi c’aññe vād …
- (lit.) root AN.ii.200; MN.i.233; Dhp-a.i.270; Dhp-a.iv.200 (opp. patti); Vism.270 (rukkha˚; = rukkha-samīpaṃ); Pv.ii.9#6 (sa˚ with the root); Pv-a.43 (rukkhassa mūle at the foot of).
- foot …
adjective wonderful nt. a wonderful thing, marvel, miracle Pts.i.125 (yamaka˚); Pts.ii.158 (id.); Mhvs.5, Mhvs.118; Mil.106; Dāvs i.50; Dhp-a.iii.213
■ appātihīrakathā stupid talk DN.i.193 DN.i.2 …
meeting, meeting with, intercourse AN.ii.51; AN.iii.31; Mil.204; cohabitation DN.ii.268 meeting, assembly Ja.ii.107; Mil.349; Dhp-a.iii.443 (three: yamaka-pāṭihāriya˚; dev’orohaṇa˚; Gangārohaṇa˚).
feeding, support, food, nutriment (lit & fig.). The term is used comprehensively and the usual enumn. comprises four kinds of nutriment, viz.
- kabaḷinkāra āhāro (bodily nutriment, either …
pronoun demonstr. pron. “this, he”; f. ayaṃ; nt. idaṃ & imaṃ “this, it” etc. This pron. combines in its inflection two stems, viz. as˚; (ayaṃ in nom. m. & f.) & im˚; (id in nom. nt.).
I. Form …
(only-˚) adjective walking, living, experiencing; behaving, acting, practising.
- lit. asanga˚ SN.i.199 akāla˚ Snp.386; ambu˚ Snp.62; vihangapatha˚ Sdhp.241; sapadāna˚ MN.i.30; Snp.65; pariyanta˚ S …
to exert oneself, strive endeavour, to be cautious or careful; ppr. yataṃ Iti.120 (care, tiṭṭhe, acche etc.; Seidenstūcker trsls “gezügelt,” thus taking it in meaning …
adjective having a limit, having a set or well-defined purpose; f. -vatī (vācā) discriminating speech DN.i.4 = MN.iii.49 = Pp.58; explained as “paricchedaṃ dassetvā yatha ’ssa paricchedo paññāyati …