(Letölthető rövid segédanyag: Páli-Magyar Szójegyzék)
cicci���������������yati, 27 találat.
…(vikampeti Mārassa hadayaṃ yatī); Pv-a.287 (instr. muni-vara-yatinā).
fr. yat, cp. Vedic yati leader, guide
- circle DN.i.134 (paṭhavi˚, cp. puthavi˚ Snp.990); Vism.143 (˚ṃ karoti to draw a circle, in simile), Vism.174 (tipu˚ & rajata˚ lead- & silver circle, in kasiṇa practice); Vv-a.147 (of a fan = tāla …
…perhaps as expln of yati?
to have thirst for SN.ii.13 (for variant reading SS tuṇhīyati; BB. tasati); Vism.544 (+ upādiyati ghaṭ yati); cp. tasati & pp. tasita.
= taṇhāyati, denom. fr. taṇhā, cp. Sk. tṛṣyati to have thirst
(-˚) enclosure, circle, ring; in gala˚; the throat circle, i.e. the bottom of the throat Vism.258; Dhs-a.316; Dhp-a.i.394; caṇḍāla˚; circle of Caṇḍālas Ja.vi.156; brāhmaṇa˚; of Brahmins Dhp- …
- lit. an outer door, a gate, entrance Vin.i.15; SN.i.58 SN.i.138, SN.i.211; Ja.i.346; Ja.ii.63; Ja.vi.330; Vb.71 sq.; Pv-a.4, Pv-a.67 (village gate), Pv-a.79; Sdhp.54, Sdhp.356
■ That d. can …
stronghold, citadel, fortress a (fortified) town, city. As seat of the government as important centre of trade contrasted with gāma nigama (village & market-place or township) Vin.iii.47 (˚bandhana), …
round, circle, succession, mainly in two phrases, viz. catu˚; fourfold circle MN.iii.67; SN.iii.59 (pañcupādāna-kkhandhe, cp aṭṭha-parivaṭṭa-adhideva-ñāṇadassana AN.iv.304); and ñāti˚; circle …
point of the compass, region quarter, direction, bearings. The 4 principal points usualy enumerated are puratthimā (E) pacchimā (W) dakkhiṇā (S) uttarā (N …
formation resembling a circle, in phrase -ṃ karoti to form a ring (of people or a circle, to stand closely together MN.i.225 (cp. Sk āmaṇḍalikaroti).
ā + maṇḍala + iya
- round circular; (nt.) circle Pv-a.185 (āyata +); Kp-a.50 (˚nāli). See cpd. -aṅguli.
- (fig.) “rolling on,” the “round” of existences, cycle of transmigrati …
I. Crude meaning
- a wheel (of a carriage) Dhp.1; Pv-a.65 (ratha˚); Mil.27.
- a discus used as a missile weapon Ja.i.74; Pgdp.36; cp khura˚ a razor as an instr. of torture.
- a disc, a …
circle, a sphere, esp. a mythical range of mountains supposed to encircle the world; pl worlds or spheres Ja.i.53, Ja.i.203; Ja.vi.330; Vism.205 (its extent), Vism.207, Vism.367, Vism.421; Dhs-a.297; …
foreman of a guild, treasurer, banker, “City man”, wealthy merchant Vin.i.15 sq. Vin.i.271 sq.; Vin.ii.110 sq., Vin.ii.157; SN.i.89; Ja.i.122; Ja.ii.367 etc. Rājagaha˚ the merchant of Rājagaha Vin.ii. …
base of adv. & prep. denoting “before”; abl. purato (adv. & prep. in front of (with gen.), before (only local) Vin.i.179 Vin.ii.32; DN.ii.14 (mātu); SN.i.137; Pv.i.11#1, Pv …
place, city, port Ja.i.121; Ja.iv.16, Ja.iv.137, Ja.v.75; Pv-a.53
■ -ka a sort of village Ja.vi.456.
small city DN.i.146 = DN.i.169, quoted Ja.i.391.
- (adv.) Ja.i.361 (˚dvāre-gāma a village outside the city gates); Pv.i.10#2; Dhp-a.iii.118; Pv-a.24, Pv-a.61.
- (prep.) with acc. (direction to) Ja.i.298 (˚gāmaṃ) with loc. ( …
…devo ekam ekam phusāyati the cloud rains drop by drop, i.e. lightly SN.i.104 sq., SN.i.154, SN.i.184; SN.iv.289
heap, made of bricks Ja.vi.204 (city-avayata-piṭṭhikā). See also cetiya.
From ci, cināti, to heap up
circle (lit. turning round) Ja.i.101; cp. parivattika in phrase paligha˚ (q.v.).
? adjective forming a circle, circular DN.i.22 (trsld “a path could be traced round it” Dial. i.36). Can it be misspelling for pariyanta? Kern,
s. v. equals it to Sk. p …
- name of certain non-human beings, as spirits, ogres, dryads, ghosts spooks. Their usual epithet and category of being is amanussa, i.e. not a human being (but not a sublime g …
I. Two as unit
- with objective foundation:
- denoting a combination (pair, couple) or a repetition (twice). In this conn. frequent both objective …
feminine direction, quarter, region, part of the world Ja.iv.359; Pv.ii.9#21 (kiṃ disataṃ gato “where in the world has he gone?”); Vv.ii.3#2 (sādisatā the circle of the 6 direction …
- (adj.) happening, going on, procedure, resulting Thig.220 (assu ca pavattaṃ taken by Mrs. Rh. D. as “tears shed”); Thag-a.179; Pv-a.35, Pv-a.83 (gāthāyo), Pv-a.120, esp. with ref. to …
appearance etc (lit. “cover, coating”). There is a considerable fluctuation of meaning, especially between meanings 2, 3, 4. One may group as follows.
- colour Snp.447 (meda˚); SN.v.216 (chavi˚ of t …