(Letölthető rövid segédanyag: Páli-Magyar Szójegyzék)
roditv��, 22 találat.
- (adj.) red: rarely by itself (e.g. MN.ii.17), usually in compounds e.g. -abhijāti the red species (q.v.) AN.iii.383; -kasiṇa the artifice of red DN.iii.268; AN.i.41; Dhs.203; …
adjective red, as attribute of fishes at Ja.v.405 (i.e. a special kind of fish), and of deer at Ja.v.406 in same passage (i.e. a special kind of deer). Otherwise only in standing term rohita-maccha …
kind of deer Ja.vi.537 (˚sarabhā migā).
fr. rohita, perhaps directly fr. Vedic rohita ewe, lit. the red one
fish AN.iii.301; Snp.605, Snp.777, Snp.936; Ja.i.210, Ja.i.211; Ja.v.266 (in simile); Ja.vi.113 (phandanti macchā, on dry land); Pp.55; Sdhp.610
■ maccha is given at Cnd.91 as syn. of ambucārin
the sun Vin.ii.68 Vin.iv.245; Ja.ii.154; Ja.v.403; Ja.vi.330; Dpvs.i.56; DN-a.i.30. a. uggacchati the sun rises Ja.i.108; Vv-a.75, & see compounds.
- -ugga sunrise Vin.iv.272; SN …
metal, esp. copper, brass or bronze It is often used as a general term & the individual application is not always sharply defined. Its comprehensiveness is evident from the classification of *[loha](/ …
adjective (-˚) growing, a tree, in compounds: jagati˚, dharaṇi˚, mahī˚, etc.
fr. ruh: see rūhati
blood, in cpd. ruhaṅghasa blood-eater, …
blood Dhp-a.i.140; Pv-a.34 (for lohita; variant reading ruhira). See the more freq words rohita & lohita; a form ruhira (q.v.) occurs e.g. at Pv.i.9#1
late Vedic rudhira. Etym. connected with Lat …
adjective red Ja.v.259 (rohaññā pungav’ūsabhā; C. explains by ratta-vaṇṇā). Kern
s. v. proposes rohiñño = *rohiṇyah, (cp. pokkharaṇī for ˚iṇī) red cows.
fr. roha = rohita
- a sort of grass (reed) Saccharum munja Roxb. Snp.440 -kesa having a dark mane (like m. grass) DN.ii.174 -pādukā slipper made of m. grass Dhp-a.iii.451. -maya made of m. grass Snp.28
- as conjunction: if; constructed either with pres. indic., as: Snp.189; “yadi bodhiṃ pattuṃ icchasi” Ja.i.24 (v. 167); “yadi dāyako dānaṃ deti… etaṃ bījaṃ hoti” Pv-a.8; or pot.; o …
indeclinable prep. & pref
As prep. anu is only found occasionally, and here its old (Vedic) function with acc. is superseded by the loc. Traces of …
adverb so much, so long; usually correl. with yāva how long, how much; in all meanings to be understood out of elliptical application of this correlation Thus
to mourn, grieve Snp.34; Dhp.15; Ja.i.168; Pv.i.8#7 (+ rodati); Pv.i.10#15; Pv.i.12#2; Mil.11;
pres 3rd pl. socare Snp.445; Dhp.225;
ppr socamāna Ja.ii.75;
ppr asocaṃ not grieving SN …
to break, crush; lit. to (cause) pain, to afflict, hurt (trs. & intrs. Ja.i.7 (pādā rujanti), Ja.i.396 (pādā me rujanti my feet ache), Ja.iv.208 (khandhena rujantena with hurting back); Ja.vi.3 (ūrū r …
to cry in return, to reply by crying Ja.iii.80; pp. paṭirodita = paṭirodana.
paṭi + rodati of rud
to cry, wail, weep, lament, bewail Dhp.371; Vv.83#12 Ja.vi.166; Mil.11, Mil.148; freq. of Petas: Pv-a.43, Pv-a.160 Pv-a.262 (cp. rodati)
■ In kāmaguṇā pass. urattāḷiṃ k MN.i.86 = Cnd. s.v.; AN.ii …
to cry after, cry for Ja.iii.166 = Pv.i.12#7 (dārako candaṃ a.).
anu + rodati
- a climbing plant, a creeper Vin.iii.144; Ja.v.37; Ja.vi.536; Vv-a.147 Vv-a.335 (here as a root?)
■ santānaka˚; a long, spreading creeper Vv-a.94, Vv-a.162.
- a reed or rush used as a st …