debt DN.i.71, DN.i.73; AN.iii.352; AN.v.324 (enumerated with baddha, jāni & kali); Snp.120; Ja.i.307; Ja.ii.388, Ja.ii.423; Ja.iii.66; Ja.iv.184 (iṇagga for nagga?) Ja.v.256; Ja.v.253 (where enumerated as one of the 4 paribhogas viz. theyya˚, iṇa˚, dāya˚, sāmi˚); Ja.vi.69, Ja.vi.193; Mil.375; Pv-a.273, Pv-a.276, iṇaṃ gaṇhāti to borrow money or take up a loan Vism.556; Snp-a.289; Pv-a.3
■ iṇaṃ muñcati to discharge a debt Ja.iv.280; Ja.v.238; ˚ṃ sodheti same Pv-a.276; labhati same Pv-a.3.
- -apagama absence of debt Thag-a.245.
- -gāhaka a borrower Mil.364.
- -ghāta stricken by debt Snp.246 (iṇaṃ gahetva tassa appadānena iṇaghāta).
- -ṭṭha (with iṇaṭṭa as variant reading at all passages, see aṭṭa) fallen into or being in debt MN.i.463 = SN.iii.93 = Iti.89 = Mil.279
- -paṇṇa promissory note Ja.i.230; Ja.iv.256.
- -mokkha release from debt Ja.iv.280; Ja.v.239.
- -sādhaka negotiator of a loan Mil.365.
Sk. ṛṇa, see also P. an-aṇa