Kalla1 & Kalya
- well, healthy, sound Vin.i.291.
- clever, able, dexterous Mil.48 Mil.87.
- ready, prepared Ja.ii.12, cp
- fit proper, right SN.ii.13 (pañha)
■ nt. kallaṃ it is proper befitting (with inf. or inf- substitute): vacanāya proper to say DN.i.168, DN.i.169; AN.i.144; abhinandituṃ DN.ii.69
■ kallaṃ nu [kho] is it proper? MN.iii.19; SN.iv.346; Mil.25
■ a˚. 1 not well, unfit Thig.439, cp. Thag-a.270. 2 unbecoming, unbefitting DN.ii.68; Ja.v.394.
- -kāya sound (in body), refreshed Vin.i.291;
- -kusala of sound skill (cp. kallita) SN.iii.265;
- -citta of ready, amenable mind, in form. k˚, mudu-citta, vinīvaraṇa˚, udagga˚ etc. DN.i.110 = DN.i.148 = DN.ii.41 = AN.iv.209 = Vin.i.16 = Vin.ii.156; Vv-a.53, Vv-a.286; Vv.50#19 (= kammaniya-citta “her mind was prepared for, responsive to the teaching of the dhamma”); Pv-a.38.
- -cittatā the preparedness of the mind (to receive the truth) Ja.ii.12 (cp citta-kalyatā)
- -rūpa 1 of beautiful appearance Thag.212, 2 pleased joyful (kalya˚) Snp.680, Snp.683, Snp.691;
- -sarīra having a sound body, healthy Ja.ii.51; a˚-tā not being sound in body ill-health Vv-a.243.
cp. Sk. kalya
masculine neuter ashes Ja.iii.94 (for kalala), also in --vassa a shower of ashes Ja.iv.389.