- conversing, talking Ja.i.299; Ja.iii.459; Ja.vi.340.
- telling i.e. answering solving (a question) Ja.v.66 (pañha˚).
- preaching Dhp-a.i.7.
- reciting, narrating Kacc.130. Cp. kathita- akathana not talking or telling Ja.i.420; Ja.vi.424; not speaking fr. anger Ja.iv.108; Dhp-a.i.440.
- -ākāra, in ˚ṃ karoti to enter into conversation with Ja.vi.413.
- -samattha able to speak (of the tongue Ja.iii.459; able to talk or converse with (saddhiṃ Ja.vi.340.
- -sīla (one) in the habit of talking, garrulous Ja.i.299; a˚ Ja.i.420.
fr. kath, see katheti