- a binding along the back Vin.i.254, Vin.i.297; Vin.ii.116; Ja.v.254 (variant reading ˚daṇḍa).
- a girdle, belt Ja.vi.125; Dhp-a.ii.174.
- a plastered flooring Vin.ii.113, Vin.ii.172, Vin.ii.220; Ja.iii.384 Ja.iv.92; Ja.v.437, Ja.v.440.
- slough of a serpent (?) Ja.vi.339
- (˚-) adj. encircling, comprehensive, in -ñāṇa Vism.429.
for paribandha, dialectical, see Kern,
i.36, who compares Tamil panda “a surrounding wall = P. bandha. The meaning is rather uncertain, cp notes in Vin. Texts ii.154; iii.85, 213