- to take care of, to attend to (acc.), shelter, protect, keep up, preserve, look after Vin.i.42 Vin.ii.188; DN.ii.100 (sanghaṃ); DN.ii.14 (gabbhaṃ kucchinā) MN.i.124, MN.i.459; SN.iii.1; AN.iii.123; Ja.i.52 (kucchiyā), Ja.i.143 Ja.i.170; Mil.392, Mil.410 (attānaṃ) Mil.418; Snp-a.78; Dhp-a.ii.232 (aggiṃ, variant reading paricarati, which is the usual); Pv-a.63 (kucchiyā), Pv-a.177. Cp. BSk. pariharati in same meaning e.g. Avs.i.193, Avs.i.205.
- to carry about DN.ii.19 (ankena); MN.i.83; Snp.440 (muñjaṃ parihare, sg. pres med.; Snp-a.390 takes it as parihareyya); Mil.418 (āḷakaṃ p.).
- (intrs.) to move round, go round circle, revolve MN.i.328; AN.i.277 (candima-suriyā p. cp. AN.v.59) = Vism.205; Ja.i.395; Ja.iv.378; Ja.vi.519; DN-a.i.85; Pv-a.204.
- to conceal Vin.iii.52 (sunkaṃ).
- to set out, take up, put forward, propose, only in phrase (Com. style) uttān’ atthāni padāni p. to take up the words in more explicit meaning Snp-a.178, Snp-a.419, Snp-a.437 Snp-a.462
pari + hṛ.