- also, and also, even so DN.i.1; Vin.iv.139 (cara pi re get away with you: see re); Ja.i.151, Ja.i.278.
- even, just so; with numbers or num. expressions “altogether, in all, just that many” Ja.i.151; Ja.iii.275; Ja.iv.142
■ cattāro pi Ja.iii.51; ubho pi Ja.i.223; sabbe pi Snp.52; Ja.i.280.
- but, however, on the other hand, now (continuing a story) Ja.i.208; Ja.iv.2.
- although, even if Ja.ii.110 (ciram pi kho… ca although for a long time… yet).
- perhaps, it is time that, probably Snp.43; Ja.i.151; Ja.ii.103.
pi… pi in correlation (like api… api):
- both… and; very often untranslatable Snp.681 (yadā pi… tadā pi when… then), Snp.808 (diṭṭhā pi sutā pi); Ja.i.222 (jale pi thale pi)
- either… or Ja.i.150; Ja.ii.102.
the enclitic form of api (cp. api 2a); on similarities in Prk. see Pischel, Prk. Gr. § 143