feminine ability, power Dhtp.508 Usually in phrase yathā satti as much as one can do according to one’s ability Cp.i.10#6; Dhp-a.i.399; or yathā sattiṃ DN.i.102, or y. sattiyā Dhp-a.i.92.
fr. śak, cp. Vedic śakti
- knife, dagger, sword AN.iv.130; Ja.ii.153; Vism.313 (dīgha-daṇḍa˚ with a long handle); Dhp-a.i.189; Dhp-a.ii.134 (tikhiṇa˚ a sharp knife). mukha˚; piercing words Ja.i.341.
- a spear, javelin SN.i.13; AN.ii.117; Ja.i.150.
- -pañjara lattice work of spears DN.ii.164.
- -laṅghana javelin dance Ja.i.430.
- -simbali-vana the forest of swords (in purgatory) Ja.v.453.
- -sūla a sword stake often in simile ˚ûpamā kāmā SN.i.128; AN.iii.97; Vism.341 Also Name of a purgatory Ja.v.143 sq.
cp. Vedic śakti, orig. identical with satti1