needle Vin.ii.115, Vin.ii.117, Vin.ii.177; SN.ii.215 sq., SN.ii.257; Ja.i.111, Ja.i.248 Vism.284 (in simile); a hairpin Thig.254; Ja.i.9; a small door-bolt, a pin to secure the bolt MN.i.126; Thig.116; Ja.i.360; Ja.v.294 (so for suci); Thag-a.117; cross-bar of a rail, railing [cp. BSk. sūcī Divy.221] DN.ii.179.
- -kāra a needle-maker SN.ii.216.
- -ghaṭikā a small bolt to a door Vin.ii.237; Ud.52; AN.iv.206; Ja.i.346 Ja.vi.444; Vism.394.
- -ghara a needle case Vin.ii.301 sq. Vin.iv.123, Vin.iv.167; SN.ii.231; Ja.i.170.
- -nāḷikā a needle-case made of bamboo Vin.ii.116.
- -mukha “needle-mouthed, a mosquito Abhp.646; a sort of intestinal worm; ˚ā pāṇā (in the Gūthaniraya purgatory) MN.iii.185.
- -loma needle-haired, having hair like needles SN.ii.257; name of a Yakkha at Gayā SN.i.207; Snp.p.48; Snp-a.551; Vism.208.
- -vatta needle-faced, having a mouth like a needle Pgdp.55.
- -vāṇijaka a needle-seller SN.ii.215.
cp. Sk. sūci; doubtful whether to sīv