- to make ascend, to lead up to (w. acc.) Pv-a.76 (pāsādaṃ), Pv-a.160 (id.)
- to put on, take up to (w. acc. or loc.) Pv.ii.9#2 (yakkhaṃ yānaṃ āropayitvāna); Pv-a.62 (sarīraṃ citakaṃ ā.), Pv-a.100 (bhaṇḍaṃ sakaṭesu ā.).
- to put on, commit to the care of entrust, give over to (w. loc.) Ja.i.227; Pv-a.154 (rajjaṃ amaccesu ā.).
- to bring about, get ready, make Pv-a.73, Pv-a.257 (sangahaṃ ā. make a collection); Snp-a.51, Snp-a.142.
- to exhibit, tell, show, give SN.i.160 (ovādaṃ); Mil.176 (dosaṃ); Dhp-a.ii.75 (id.)
- vādaṃ āropeti to refute a person, to get the better of (gen.) Vin.i.60; MN.ii.122; SN.i.160
pp āropita (q.v.).
Caus. of āruhati