- to yoke, harness, tie, bind Pv.ii.9#36 (vāhana, the draught-bullock); Mhvs.35, Mhvs.40 (yojayi aor.; variant reading for yojāpayi); Pv-a.74 (sindhave).
- to furnish (with), combine, unite, mix, apply Ja.i.252 (suraṃ), Ja.i.269 (id.); Mhvs.22, Mhvs.4 (ambaṃ visena y. to poison a mango); Mhvs.36, Mhvs.71 (visaṃ phalesu poison the fruit).
- to prepare, provide, set in order, arrange, fix, fit up Mhvs.30, Mhvs.39 (pāde upānāhi fitted the feet with slippers) dvāraṃ to put a door right, to fix it properly Ja.i.201 Ja.iv.245 (cp. yojāpeti).
- to engage, incite, urge commission, put up to, admonish Mhvs.17, Mhvs.38 (manusse), Mhvs.37, Mhvs.9 (vihāraṃ nāsetuṃ y. incited to destroy the v.) Pv-a.69.
- to construct, understand, interpret, take a meaning Snp-a.148 (yojetabba); Pv-a.98 (id.), Pv-a.278 (id.)
caus 2 yojāpeti to cause some one to yoke etc.: DN.ii.95 (yānāni, to harness); Ja.i.150 (dvāraṃ, to set right); Mhvs.35, Mhvs.40 (rathe, to harness)
pass yojīyati to become yoked or harnessed Ja.i.57 (nangalasahassaṃ y.)
Caus. of yuñjati