- corn ready for threshing, the threshing floor Cnd.587; Vism.120; DN-a.i.203 (khalaṃ sodheti).
- threshing, mash, in ekamaṃsa-khalaṃ karoti “to reduce to one mash of flesh” DN.i.52 = MN.i.377 (+ maṃsa-puñja; DN-a.i.160 = maṃsa-rāsi).
- -agga the best corn for threshing Dhp-a.i.98; Dhp-a.iv.98
- -kāla the time for threshing Dhp-a.iv.98;
- -bhaṇḍ’agga the best agricultural implement for threshing Dhp-a.i.98; Dhp-a.iv.98;
- -bhaṇḍa-kāla the time for the application of the latter Dhp-a.iv.98;
- -maṇḍala a threshing-floor Vism.123; Dhp-a.i.266 (˚matta, as large as…).
cp. Sk. khala