- circle DN.i.134 (paṭhavi˚, cp. puthavi˚ Snp.990); Vism.143 (˚ṃ karoti to draw a circle, in simile), Vism.174 (tipu˚ & rajata˚ lead- & silver circle, in kasiṇa practice); Vv-a.147 (of a fan = tālapattehi kata˚-vījanī).
- the disk of the sun or moon; suriya˚; Vv-a.224, Vv-a.271 (divasa-kara˚); canda˚ Vism.174; Pv-a.65.
- a round, flat surface, e.g. jānu˚ the disk of the knee, i.e. the knee Pv-a.179 naḷāta˚ the (whole of the) forehead DN.i.106; Snp.p.108
- an enclosed part of space in which something happens, a circus ring; e.g. MN.i.446 (circus, race-ring) assa˚; horse-circus, raceground, Vism.308; āpāna˚ drinking circle, i.e. hall; kīḷa˚; play-circle, i.e. games Ja.vi.332, Ja.vi.333; Dhp-a.iii.146; keḷi˚; dice board (?) Ja.i.379; gā˚; Thag.1143, cp. trs. ib. n. 3; go˚; ox-round Snp.301; jūta˚; dicing table Ja.i.293; yuddha˚; fighting-ring Vism.190; raṅga˚; play-house Vv-a.139; vāta˚ tornado Ja.i.73.
- anything comprised within certain limits or boundaries, a group Ja.v.418 (chāpa˚ litter of young animals).
- border as part of a bhikkhu’s dress, hem, gusset Vin.i.287; Vin.ii.177.
- -agga [cp. Sk. maṇḍal’ āgra Halāyudha 2, 317 at Aufrecht p. 301] a circular sword or sabre Mil.339
- -māla (sometimes māḷa) a circular hall with a peaked roof, a pavilion DN.i.2, DN.i.50 (ḷ); Mil.16 (ḷ); Snp.p.104; Snp-a.132 (Npl.); Vv-a.175.
cp. Vedic maṇḍala