- to plant or sow Ja.i.150 (nivāpatiṇaṃ); Mhvs.15, Mhvs.42 (amb’ aṭṭhikaṃ); Mhvs.19, Mhvs.56; Dhp-a.ii.109.
- to put up, fix Ja.i.143 (sūlāni).
- to further, increase, make grow Snp.208 (Pot. ropayeyya)
- (fig.) to fix, direct towards, bring up against: see ropeti2 2
Caus. of rūhati1
- to cause to break off, to cause to suspend or cancel; to pass off, refuse Vin.ii.261 (bhikkhūhi bhikkhunīnaṃ kammaṃ ropetvā bhikkhunīnaṃ niyyādetuṃ, i.e. by the bhikkhus is an act of the nuns to be passed off and to be referred to the nuns).
- to make confess or accuse of (acc. āpattiṃ a guilt) Vin.ii.2 (first codeti, then sāreti, then ropeti & lastly (sanghaṃ) ñāpeti), Vin.ii.85 (id.); Vin.iv.36, (aññavādakaṃ ropeti to bring the charge of heresy against someone). No. 2 perhaps better to ropeti1. Cp. Vin Texts ii.334
■ To ropeti2 belong the compounds oropeti (cut off) & voropeti (deprive). They are better to be taken here than to ava + ruh.
Caus. of rūhati2. See lumpati