milk, milky fluid, milky juice Vin.i.243; Vin.ii.301; MN.i.343 sq. = AN.ii.207 = Pp.56; AN.ii.95 (in simile with dadhi, navanīta, sappi, sappi-maṇḍa) DN.i.201; Dhp-a.i.98; enumerated with dadhi, etc., as one constituent of material food (kabalinkāro ähāro) at Dhs.646 = Dhs.740 = Dhs.875
■ Ja.iv.138 (mātu kh˚); Ja.iv.140; Dhp.71 = Ne.161; Mil.41; Pv-a.198 (= sneha, milky juice); Vv-a.75; Dhp-a.i.98 (nirudaka kh˚, milk without water)
■ duddha-khīra one who has milked Snp.18.
- -odaka (nt.) milk-water or milk & water lit. Ja.ii.104 Ja.ii.106; fig. in simile khīrodakībhūtā for a samaggā parisā “a congregation at harmony as milk and water blend AN.i.70; SN.iv.225 = MN.i.207, MN.i.398 = AN.iii.67, AN.iii.104;
- -odana (nt.) milk-rice (boiled) Vv.33#24 (= Vv-a.147).
- -gandha the smell of milk Ja.vi.357.
- -ghaṭa a pot of milk Mil.48;
- -paka drinking milk; sucking (of a calf: vaccho mātari kh˚) Dhp.284 (variant reading khīra-pāna); Dhp-a.iii.424
- -paṇṇin (m.) Name of a tree the leaves of which contain a milky sap, Calotropis gigantea MN.i.429;
- -matta having had his fill of milk, happy (of a babe) SN.i.108;
- -mūla the price of milk; money with which to buy milk Dhp-a.iv.217;
- -sāmin master of the milk (+ dhīrasāmin) Bdhd 62.